Saturday, March 13, 2010

What is your lens?



What is your lens?


I look at things with conscious choices.

We choose on how to see things

whether fully aware of or not –

the certainty is that,

we look and choose with a choice.


And our choice is not pristine


It is contaminated,

cumulative of years and years of social exposure,

and theory.


Our choice is our theory.


Our theory is a choice.


These choices reflects ideology:

breathe ideals.


I am my ideology,

we are our own ideology.


In our choice of clothes, cellular phone, books, favorite TV shows, food, writing style down to our opinions on politics, economy, culture, relations, religions, education, media, technology;


a choice is not automatic.


Same as the mass media’s role is not as automatic

as stating that we are watchdog

nor with elusive and imposing metaphors.


I am not a bulldog, pit bull, terrier, beagle, dalmatian.


I have a responsibility

for mass reproduction and mass reach.


But I cannot reach everybody;

I cannot be for all, every one.


Universality is defunct.


Because a choice is always bias

to a class,

to your class,


A choice is not automatic.

A rice cooker is automatic.

I am not a rice cooker.


I ask:

who has the power.

I ask:

who has the influence.


And I challenge, I dare, I compare.


I ask:

who is my mass?


I am mass bias.


I am bias on being critical


Ang being critical is not a state of mind,

or a facebook status,

or just a UP tradition.


It is a challenges danger and risks,

it dares all authority and established control,

it compares norms and lack of it.


A critical theory is a choice.


And to act on plural,

To see on multi-lenses is not critical.


Are you yourself and not yourself at the same time?


Question your choice.

Clear your lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment